Vice President of Marketing
Posted on: October 24, 2022
Los Angeles, CA • Remote • Full-Time • Marketing
O’Donnell Learn+ISG’s mission is to change the way the world learns. We are a learning experience company. To achieve our lofty goal we leverage people centric experience design, technology and data to make sure every educator is capable of creating the best experience for the people in their learning community—learners, educators, institutional leaders, and academic champions.
We are a company on the move, grounded in a legacy business and powered by the innovative spirit of start-up (30+ years in the making)! Recently we launched a platform to help institutional leaders provide care for their educators by saving them time; alleviating friction while teaching; and enhancing connection with their community.
As our Vice President of Marketing, you’ll lead a team committed to helping our brand deliver value to our community and fuel our growing footprint. Daily, you’ll oversee the team responsible for all marketing activities, from lead generation to content creation to event planning, and collaborate with executive leadership and the growth team to develop high impact and innovative strategies that build meaningful connections with our market.
As a consummate collaborator with impeccable organizational capabilities, you’ll thrive in bringing dispersed stakeholders together to achieve outcomes that meet a high standard. Perhaps most importantly, you are our storytelling scientist who connects the numbers to the narrative that builds our relationship with our people. Speaking of people, as important as our market are those inside our virtual “doors”, you’ll have the opportunity to build and lead an incredible team of mission driven marketers to make our shared vision a reality. As our teammate, you’re committed to enhancing our culture and helping the people in our expanding work community grow personally and professionally within an inclusive and safe environment that enhances their wellbeing. Everyday, you’ll have the opportunity to improve the teaching and learning experience of people around the world.
In this role you will…
- Develop and implement strategic plans for all integrated marketing functions– brand, growth, experiential, etc. .
- Lead a budding internal team and network of partners to execute on our strategies and deliver on the strategic plans for all Marketing activities.
- Craft budgets that insure our marketing investments are aligned with the strategic objectives of the business.
- Measure spend against KPIs you’ve developed in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Drive the outcomes of your team to success defined by those KPIs.
- Bring your vision to the table as we launch and evolve an entirely new brand in 2023.
- Collaborate with content creators (internal & external) and influencers to evolve our thought leadership platform.
- Oversee the content process and team to ensure workflows deliver content on-time and on-budget while remaining scalable to meet increased investment in content development.
- Execute on brand building solutions by collaborating with stakeholders across multiple teams from ideation to implementation.
- Leverage data to inform creative marketing decisions and deliver brand experiences that connect with our audience on a personal level.
- Manage growth-marketing activities to ensure campaigns are fully integrated, value creating, and data driven while meeting mutually determined KPIs for lead generation and conversion.
- Continuously commit to evolving and evangelizing our brand narrative while maintaining our commitment to our mission and vision.
- Develop a fully integrated data engine that enables us to experiment, measure outcomes, and inform creative decisions.
- Partner with the strategy team to remain abreast of market trends and the competitive landscape.
- Build paid media budgets and oversee the buys in partnership with internal and external resources.
- Bring continued creativity and innovation to the role while championing excitement for learning and experimentation on your team.
- A proven marketer with a passion for leading people and experience leading teams across multiple marketing functions. (Preferably 3+ years in a management or senior management positions) marketing vice president or director with broad experience in different roles within an omnichannel marketing organization. (preferably 5+ years experience in similar roles or transferable skills).
- A B2B badass with expertise in marketing within complex multi-stakeholder client environments (B2B).
- Passionate about the education field and/or experienced in marketing to educational institutions.
- Capable of leading and enhancing the culture of geographically dispersed remote first team.
- Techie but not technical… we’re talking savvy with digital collaboration and capable of making determinations about the marketing tech stack.
- A relationship builder who believes successful outcomes are always a team effort.
- Comfortable and capable of communicating in text, verbal, visual and everywhere in between.
- Devoted to communicating with our audience– their emotions, needs, and motivations.
- Capable of aligning people who work across multiple functions and owning the outcomes produced.
- Flexible and adaptable to work with a hybrid team with multiple priorities.
- A dynamic contributor and leader who thrives in an environment that’s flexible and driven.
- Adept at managing your time, your vision, and your outcomes with a commitment to the details without sacrificing them for the strategic outcomes.
- A problem solver who balances intuition with research to determine solutions. Looking to work with people who thrive in building a healthy relationship between their professional and personal life experience.
- Experienced in working with teams of multiple cultural and geographic backgrounds.
If you read this and thought “That’s me!” to any or all of the above please submit an application.
You Might Want to Know:
- We’re Remote First Forever (RFF<3), while we cherish working from wherever we provide opportunities to collaborate with teammates IRL too.
- Your team works hybrid hours. While we encourage you to follow your most effective workflows, we appreciate your ability to work with team members across multiple time zones.
- We do travel and expect that you will be traveling at least monthly (and during peak spring and fall season more often) for attendance at industry conferences, team building, collaboration, and community engagement activities.
- We’re committed to maintaining value based compensation that also paces with the market.
- We’re thrilled to invest in your financial future with a 401K matching plan.
- When you work with us we’re always on your team and are committed to providing resources to help build the skills you need to thrive in your career with us and beyond.
- Your health and wellbeing is a priority and are committed to supporting the activities that help you flourish in this area.
- Working from wherever has its challenges so we support your technology needs appropriately.
- Your hard work pays off with individual performance compensation opportunities..
- As the company succeeds so will you, with growth milestone compensation opportunities.
At O’Donnell Learn+ISG you’ll work in a community of passionate learners, learning experience professionals, and learner success coaches dedicated to changing the way the world learns. We’re “a 30 year old start-up” with the drive and innovation you’d expect of a high growth start-up but sensibilities of a legacy business.
We are committed to cultivating a humanized, inclusive and engaged workforce. As such, our success is tied to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the population of learners and educators that we serve. We actively celebrate our team members’ differing abilities, perspectives, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith and gender identity. And, we are dedicated to supporting you in your career journey.
Our organization is spread out across the world with a community that has functioned virtually since WAY before it was cool, easy, or practical… much like modern learners, we thrive in the flexibility this provides. That said, our teams love to get together and collaborate, with always accessible hubs in Los Angeles, outside New York City, and South Carolina. We provide all the resources you need to successfully work remotely along with the care necessary to enhance your wellbeing and keep you healthy!