SALES DIRECTOR, UNIVERSITY PARTNERSHIPS
Posted on: October 26, 2020
O’Donnell Learning seeks a professional sales person who wishes to:
- Thrive in a fast-paced, deeply collaborative environment where team members are always learning from each other and from the latest best practices.
- Help a deeply experienced and committed company achieve ambitious growth in the higher education market.
- Maximize market penetration and meet revenue goals for O’Donnell Learn’s tech-enabled products and solutions, and related professional services.
- Ensure the sales funnel supports and enables the company to meet our sales goal through a variety of tactics including personal prospecting and converting leads generated through digital marketing, conferences, webinars, etc.
- Implement and execute on agreed upon sales campaigns by aligning efforts to marketing plans and strategies; provide input to revision and creation of the plans.
We Seek Someone Who Can:
- Work autonomously while holding yourself accountable.
- Use past experience and existing knowledge to grow new business.
- Evaluate opportunities expertly and make sound decisions around probability.
- Be extremely clear and intentional with follow up and next steps.
- Can synthesize numerous sources of information, make connections, imagine solutions.
- Balance customer expectations with the company’s ability to deliver.
- Effectively use the company’s CRM to guide your activity and company strategy.
- Improve market knowledge and provide input to marketing & product development.
- Well-developed prospecting and presentation capabilities.
- Enjoy problem solving; practiced in creative and critical thinking.
- Commitment to and proficient in proactive and effective communication.
- Ability to scope opportunities, prepare financials and work with contracts.
- Understand closing: how to close each step through and including final agreement.
- Commitment to territory and sales funnel management.
- Ability to work with short and long sales cycles, with individual buyers and purchasing departments; can identify and lead responses to client RFPs.
- Experience in higher education or related markets; proven ability to connect with leadership at client institutions.
- Desire to engage with professionals dedicated to innovation in teaching and learning; familiar with learning design.
- Five years customer facing experience; minimum of three years of direct sales experience or demonstrable equivalent role; motivation for sales.
- Track record of developing, implementing and executing strategic sales plans.
- Accomplished in consultative selling; comfortable working in ambiguous situations
- History of building and maintaining trusting relationships with clients and colleagues.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Proficient in technology tools generally used in business, in our marketplace and specifically at O’Donnell.
- Travel may be required within the United States and Canada to prospect at client locations, events or conferences.
We recognize that no single candidate can perfectly match all these qualifications. The most important quality is the motivation to do this position and work in this industry. If you don’t meet each of these as written, it does not disqualify you, please apply if you are interested and can demonstrate a strong fit and background to help you succeed.
Please apply to this position if you feel that you meet most or all qualifications! Compensation is commensurate with experience. We are seeking to fill this role immediately. To apply, please click here and complete the questionnaire and upload your resume and cover letter.
Link to Questionnaire: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_aHUWRPuHcRPlr-dUHomfdK48cBtE4R-0JcHL8vtgPc/edit